"Our show for the kindy group was amazing. Everyone was so engaged even the teachers.
Thank you for providing our little ones with mindfulness techniques."
Jo Denning - Centre Director
"Chantelle is a kind and creative teacher. She cleverly designed this show in a way that the children can relate to and benefit from.
I highly recommend it and we can't wait to try it again!"
Celia Hernandez - Kindergarten Teacher
Each one- off incursion includes:
- a warm up activity
- breathing exercises
- an imaginative yoga journey
- a short guided meditation
- appealing props and visual displays
Termly Yoga Incursions
The termly incursions include everything in the one- off classes plus:
- a new yoga incursion each term
- download link to the Mindful Munchkins' emotions PDF
- two packs of Mindful Munchkins’ yoga cards per class
- download link to the Mindful Munchkins’ yoga pose posters
The educators will also be provided with ideas of ways to embed yoga and mindfulness into their program via termly newsletters.
Note that each session fits 25 children so for a group of 40 we would run 2 sessions.
Chantelle Emmerton, the founder of Mindful Munchkins, spent more than 10 years working as a kindergarten teacher, so she knows what interests children and keeps them engaged!
In addition to her focus on making yoga fun for kids, Chantelle’s goal is to help children become more resilient through mindfulness and yoga.
Benefits of yoga and mindfulness
There are many benefits of yoga and mindfulness for children including:
- building self confidence
- improving concentration
- teaches calming techniques
- teaches respect for self and others
- enhances balance, flexibility and muscle tone
- helps cope with stress and self regulation